If you would like your book reviewed please contact us at caligirlreviews@hotmail.com

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Hidden Talents by Emma Holly




Synopsis

Werewolf cop Adam Santini is sworn to protect and serve all the supes in Resurrection, NY - including unsuspecting human Talents who wander in from Outside.

Telekinetic Ari is hot on the trail of a mysterious crime boss who wants to exploit her gift for his own evil ends, a mission that puts her on a collision course with the hottest cop in the RPD. Adam wants Blackwater too, but mostly he wants Ari. She seems to be the mate he’s been yearning for all his life, though getting a former street kid into bed with the Law could be his toughest case to date.


Review


I wrote this review in the form of a letter to the author because that is how it started. I fell in love with the book so much I felt compelled to message her directly about it. Once I had finished I realized I might as well write a review: So here it is.

I just finished reading Hidden Talents and I truly enjoyed it. Your unique perspective was so very refreshing. You honored the traditions of were and fae yet still made it completely unique and your own. I really loved that Ari was such an incredibly realistic heroine instead of the chaste and quaking virgin. I love that she is sexually experienced and adventurous yet still appreciated by her Alpha who was absolutely perfect for a change instead of the domineering chauvanistic assholes currently popular. Don't get me wrong sometimes those are fun too as well as the whole virginal bit but sometimes just sometimes I want a little down to earth mixed in with my fantasy. I love that you were able to depict an Alpha with every trait I love including strength, loyalty, compassion, protectiveness and love. Yes ladies a real man is someone who is not afraid to be mushy infront of the guys because he realizes what is truly important in life. Adam was truly my dream man :)
I have been reading quite a bit of shifter type paranormal romance, urban fantasy stuff lately but I have to admit this book stood head and shoulders above most of what is out there right now. Emma Holly's world and concept building skills are quite impressive. There were several new character archetypes that I really liked as well as old school ones that were done very very well and true to form. An example of this is her depiction of the Fae Lord! Yes most authors will mention how beautiful they are to all other creatures, but none other than Emma Holly have truly been able to depict exactly how intoxicating their presence is to others. She absolutely nailed it! So much so that I would love to read a book about this wonderful creature and the songstress he pines for.

As a final endorsement (All sensitive souls should look away now) I have to say that Hidden Talents has some of the most fanFUCKINGtastic, hottest, steamiest, raunchiest, earth shattering and wonderfully origional sex scenes I have read in a long long time. Emma Holly gives Lora Leigh a very serious run for her money.

At 3.99 on Amazon this book is a wonderful bargain and an exceptional read.

0 comments:

Post a Comment