If you would like your book reviewed please contact us at caligirlreviews@hotmail.com

Friday, August 5, 2011

Solar Eclipse (Book 2 of the Heresy series) by Poppet


I am well and truly HOOKED!!! The story of Micki has captured my heart yet again and the past 24 hours have been spent in agony and ecstacy as the events unfolded.

In Solar Eclipse Micki's story takes a twist so earth shattering that it leaves her friends and Grant reeling against impossible odds while facing the grim realisation that they may have lost Micki forever. The ensuing battle is agonising and heart breaking. There were times when I stopped breathing for so long that I was gasping for air and still I kept reading for almost 24 hours straight.

Poppet's writing style is almost chameleon in it's ability to change to fit what the story needs, but the one element that is present in every single book is sheer INTENSITY. Poppet creates an intensity that I have not seen before in any other writing, and for an adrenaline junkie like me that is pure catnip.There are barriers breeched in this book that many author's fear to touch on and I am sure there will be people that might not be able to handle the content but I am not one of those people. It is probably for this reason that I love Poppet books so much.

As with all good things in life there is balance and thank goodness for that. As much intense heart break as there is in this story there is also intense love. There are moments shared between Micki and Grant that transcend all barriers. I am hard pressed to think of any other book I have read where the moments have been as tender and the love as poignant as the love shared in Solar Eclipse.

 I did not think it was possible but at over 15000 Kindle locations book 2 is 3000 Kindle locations longer than book 1. That is an entire novel length longer than the first. There is no doubt that this story is epic and addictive, and I cannot wait for book 3 The Scorpian's Sting to come out this Winter.

2 comments:

Poppet Author said...

thank you Cali-Girl! x

Suzy, The Grey Brunette said...

WOW... I take it you liked the book then? lol
excellent... I'm adding it to my TBR list now. I love reading reviews like this... thanks!
Best wishes
http://suzyturner.blogspot.com

Post a Comment